|Job Title:||Commissioning Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Raj Sen Gupta|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2016 15:40|
- The 2,100MW combined-cycle Rabigh-2 independent power project (IPP) located
- Next to the existing Rabigh-1 power plant; 130km north of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is
- Being developed by Saudi Arabia's state-owned utility Saudi Electric Company(SEC).
- The gas-fired thermal power plant is being built on a build, own, and operate (BOO) basis and is expected to commence operations in 2017.
- This power project is an extension to the existing 1,024MW power plant.
- The power plant will comprise three 686.5MW combined-cycle power blocks designed as multi- shaft configurations. Each block will feature two SGT6-5000F series gas turbines, three SGen6-1000A-series electrical generators, and a SST6-5000 series HI-L steam turbine. SGT6-5000F is a four-stage gas turbine featuring a 13-stage axial compressor with advanced 3D design technology, three rows of variable inlet guide vanes, advanced cooling technology, and a syngas combustion system (IGCC). It has a base power output of 232MW and will operate at a gross efficiency rate of 38.8%.
- The power plant will be the first IPP in Saudi Arabia to utilize the combined-cycle technology with a thermal efficiency of 58.8%. It will use natural gas as the main fuel and super- light Arabian crude oil as back-up fuel.
- The gas-fired, combined cycle power project will operate in accordance with the environmental laws, regulations and standards of World Bank, IFC and the Saudi Presidency of Meteorology and Environment.
- At least 12-15 yrs. experience in construction and commissioning supervision of Power Plants
- Experience in handling at least 2 projects as commissioning engineer of a large CCPP (2,000 MW).
- Team player.
- Knowledge of commissioning procedures and TOPs.
- Preference to candidates having Siemens F-class equipment experience.
- Degree qualification in engineering field is required
- Age less than 60 yrs. & in good health.
- GCC experience is required –preferably Saudi Arabia.