|Job Title:||Design Coordinator|
|Contact Name:||Amar Pannu|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2016 17:14|
- To assist the Design Manager with organisational aspects of the project: Document control- BIM Model sharing, requests for information, technical queries, BIM Execution Plan, Consultants scopes of service and responsibility matrix, file management, gate papers.
- Training designers/sub-contractors and other personnel on the relevant document management system
- Liaise with internal and external construction and design staff
- To assist design teams in verification, validation and certification of designs, and ensuring compliance with Building Regulations and Employer’s Requirements (ERs), such as:
- Schedule of accommodation checks
- Drawings reflect requirements of Construction (Design and Management) and Zero Harm
- Designs are in line with customer requirements and expectations using Reviewable Design Data process
- Designs are in accordance with BREEAM/similar requirements and budget constraints
- Ensure delivery of design documentation in line with design and submissions programme:
- Assist in Technical checking
- Assist in writing of submission text
- Collating drawings/submission material with transmittals to post to teams
- Dealing with enquiries from designers/supply chain/sub-contractors
- Liaising with Design Team members on approval matters
- Monitoring and “policing” document control system:
- Dealing with notices, actioning, ordering drawings and distributing.
- Liaising with designers/sub-contractors and inviting them onto the system
- Support the application of Lean construction techniques in order to save money, reduce waste and optimise construction.
- Support the implementation of the BIM CSUK protocols, including teamwork and collaboration and the management and sharing of data relating to BIM models
Who we're looking for
- The individual should be a graduate with an understanding of Design and Engineering or have experience in Design and Engineering.
- They should have a customer centric approach and have the ability to support the delivery of strategic initiatives.
- It is recommended that they are working towards Professional Membership and professional qualifications in Building or Engineering relevant to the business stream. A valid CSCS card is required.
- Good communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- The individual should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the relevant business stream.
- Good working knowledge of BIM is required and will be expected to meet the requisite BIM competences associated with this role.
- Excellent IT Skills, relevant to the business stream, including BIM and Microsoft Office are required.
- Numeracy and good written communications skills are required.