Electrical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Electrical Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Dale Howell|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2016 09:54|
- Responsible for all aspects of the design and grid connection of rooftop and ground-mounted solar PV installations.
- The work will be provided to installation contractors, interconnecting utilities, permitting authorities, clients and building owners to serve as the complete design of the solar PV systems.
- Collaborating with the Project Development and Project Management departments who will request your support to develop, design and optimise the projects.
- Evaluate existing facilities and building electrical systems including distribution equipment, premise wiring and utility supply infrastructure to inform PV System Design.
- Designs PV system electrical components
- Assemble system drawing sets in AutoCAD
- Prepares bill of materials for projects
- Coordinates with local jurisdiction and utilities to confirm compliance with applicable codes and to secure necessary permit and interconnection approval.
- Documents completed installations for clients as-build drawings for purpose of operations and maintenance
- Regularly travels to perform site surveys throughout the USA which will include working with heights, roof inspection
- Remain up-to-date on new technologies and regulatory conditions including battery codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, and relevant standards development.
- Pursuing Electrical Power Systems P.E licence
- BS Electrical Engineering degree or related technical degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position, designing electrical systems and producing construction drawing sets and documentation including wire sizing, protection system coordination, grounding systems, relay schematic and settings design, equipment specification, etc.
- Familiar with National Electric Code and other design codes
- Strong negotiation skills
- Develops leadership skills
- Take ownership of projects
- Self-motivated with ability to work well within a team environment
- Proficiency in design tools such as AutoCAD is required
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence
- Travel required – upto 25%