Energy Manager & Hourly Desk Lead
|Job Title:||Energy Manager & Hourly Desk Lead|
|Contact Name:||Neil Jethwa|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2016 12:04|
- Assist lead Energy Manager in developing and implementing resource optimization and risk management strategies for a facility including daily optimization and coordination of forward hedging opportunities
- Guide and collaborate with internal personnel and owner’s representatives to develop tools to ensure the efficient and economic dispatch of an asset including design and implementation of asset dispatch models to drive daily strategic decisions
- Actively engage in market protocol development to constantly stay abreast of market construct changes to adhere to rules and regulations
- Schedule and monitor a plant’s transactions and commitments with ISO’s and bi-lateral counter-parties
- Ensure forward commitments and hedges are effectively managed and contractual obligations are met
- Operations and Communications
- Serve as the main operations and commercial contact for the asset overseeing every aspect of an assets daily operations from optimization to settlements
- Report daily plant schedules, P&L and any MTM exposure as required
- Provide market intel and operations reports on both a daily and “as-needed” basis to ensure owners are kept apprised of all areas of an assets commercial operations as well as market developments.
- Monitor market conditions, provide advice and market intelligence
- Provide daily status and operations calls to client
- Oversee internal process of daily settlements to ensure accuracy and data integrity prior to distribution to client - shadow settlements to final invoice
- Assist client in reconciliation of P&L and settlements discrepancies
- Origination and forward hedging
- Coordinate with client and trading to develop hedging strategies and opportunities
RT Desk Lead
- Oversight and management of RT desk including:
- Manage 5 East RT personnel
- Ensure the daily management of EMA’s coordinating with energy managers to ensure adherence of contractual obligations
- Maintain requisite training hours and certifications of desk personnel as required by the various ISO’s
- Provide guidance on RT trading strategy to meet yearly budget objectives including daily physical flows between MISO, PJM, NYISO and ISO-NE
- Ensure compliance of desk position limits
- Maintain desk compliance on deal capture and daily calculation of PnL net of costs (scheduling fees, balancing charges and transmission charges)
- Work with back-office to ensure daily balance of positions of EMA’s and daily trading activity
- Bachelor degree with strong academic credentials in Finance, Math and or Statistics, required
- Master degree is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar role or industry.
- Proficient with Excel, VBA.
- Keen understanding of electricity markets is a must, with specific knowledge of ISO’s as well as non-ISO markets. Prior knowledge of gas markets and pipelines is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal skills and prior experience in a client management role is a plus.
- Highly Confident, articulate individual who is a team player and work well with other desk.
- Ability to prioritize task and be able to respond to changes in priorities
- Ability to explain complex ideas in a cohesive, crystal-clear manner
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and enthusiastic individual who has strong desire to grow within Company.
- Good understanding of business processes and data management