Engineering Manager (Development & Construction)
|Job Title:||Engineering Manager (Development & Construction)|
|Contact Name:||Charles Hill|
|Job Published:||July 28, 2017 12:53|
Pangea have been mandated by Offshore Interconnection Project Owner to source & supply an experienced Engineering Manager to join their project team
This position will be to lead the clarifications, assessment, negotiation and coring of the content of the EPC procurement process tender submissions and later work alongside the offshore construction team.
- Manage the legal counsel alongside the EPC Commercial Lead
- Deliver fully evaluated and scored, compliant, contract proposals.
- Conduct clarification processes in writing and meetings
- Conduct the evaluation and agree results
- Prove input and support into due diligence required on the project
- Provide feedback to and negotiate with Tenderers regarding areas of non-compliance or requested improvement
Outside the EPC Procurement
- Liaise with the project appointed Health and Safety Co-ordinator to ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety laws and regulations
- Grid Connection
- Liaison with Regulatory Activity
- Liaison with Development Activity
- Construction Cost Budget
- Working with The Finance team and the Lenders Technical Adviser to ensure that risk mitigation measures result in a bankable project during construction
- Define the construction team necessary to take the project
- Ensure adequate engineering and procurement input.
- Working with the Insurance Manager, ensure that the construction insurance package is fit-for-purpose.
Liaison with Project Partners, Shareholders and other stakeholders
- Liaison with the engineering and procurement staff as necessary
- Input into the reporting process
- Liaison with European and governmental organisation as required
- Degree calibre
- Experience of UK/European power industry
- Experience of specifying and procuring offshore power transmission projects
- Experience with HVDC equipment is desirable
- Familiarity with installation and protection of offshore cables
- Experience of EU procurement is desirable