|Job Title:||Exploration Manager|
|Contact Name:||Sanjay Ramdhonee|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2016 18:20|
Our client, a gold and base metals exploration company is rapidly expanding and is looking for an Exploration Manager. This position is based in Africa and will be responsible for the company’s field exploration programs.
- Management of all exploration field programs, exploration personnel and contractors.
- Develop exploration programs.
- Organise field work and interpret results.
- Develop and manage the exploration budget.
- Development of exploration models and generation of further exploration targets.
- Lead and manage a large multi-cultural geological team
- Carry out ongoing target generation work to develop new projects for the Company.
- Report and work closely with the Managing Director to pursue exploration success.
- Degree in Geology, preferably Honours.
- Previous experience working in West Africa would be beneficial.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Computer literate and competency with GIS and resource modelling software.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to lead an exploration team and supervise contractors.