|Job Title:||FTR/Congestion Trader|
|Contact Name:||Neil Jethwa|
|Job Published:||August 22, 2017 12:43|
We are looking for a FTR/Congestion Trader to develop and engage in Financial Transmission Rights Trading for MISO, PJM and other ISO’s. Part of the North American Congestion Trade Team engaging in speculative congestion trading and supporting trade book functions, maintaining financial and physical trade positions.
- Develop fundamental nodal congestion and bidding/trading strategies by performing Powerflow analysis, conducting research in market fundamentals and managing diversified portfolios.
- Perform and develop transmission analysis to identify short and long term congestion risks and opportunities to increase the power trading business and operations
- Utilise Powerflow and production cost based simulation applications to develop congestion outlooks
- Participate in monthly, annual and long term FTR auctions in various markets
- Strategically measure and evaluate congestion in MISO, PJM and other energy markets for potential growth
- Minimise market bids and congestion hedges and assist in basis pricing for MISO, PJM and other energy markets
- Assist with analysing and evaluating historical market data, path and portfolio selection and risk management criteria
- Mentor junior traders
- Bachelor’s degree is required in either Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, quantitative analysis or related degree
- 4 + years’ experience as an FTR Trader
- Proven track record of profitability absent assets
- Experience using Powerworld and UPLAN Performing quantitative analysis including transmission, and congestion analysis to identify risks and opportunities for power market growth
- Able to manage diversified portfolios of FTR products and hedging customer flow
- Proficiency with Excel, programming in VBA, or SQL. JAVA would be an advantage.