|Job Title:||Logistics Manager|
|Contact Name:||Charles Hill|
|Job Published:||December 24, 2016 10:12|
We are looking for a Logistics Manager to develop and implement solutions for the provision of specialist marine construction vessels and relevant project equipment to meet the needs of offshore construction projects across European waters, maintaining a top quality safety culture.
- Supervise the deployment of the 6 year charter of MPI Discovery across projects in construction, managing the interface between projects and the contractor and driving installation performance.
- Coordinate consulting and support services and equipment in conjunction with main installation vessel deployment in cooperation with project teams.
- Support cost reduction initiatives and general technical developments, for instance with a view on future logistics and installation concepts, and development of solutions for deeper water locations and larger wind turbines.
- Support projects in development to ensure full vessel utilisation with improved efficiency; define selection criteria for site infrastructure such as suitable ports for installation and operations.
- Provide support to Operations with logistics expertise.
- Build and maintain a network with internal and external stakeholders, consultants and suppliers to enable and facilitate exchange of lessons learned and best practice.
- Scrutinise relevant contractors and their capabilities, identifying potential candidates for future cooperation.
- Educated to degree level in mechanical engineering, naval architecture or similar, or Master Mariner, and a professional qualification as well as broader business understanding would be desirable.
- Comprehensive theoretical understanding and significant proven working application within a relevant environment such as construction.
- Extensive relevant experience in the offshore and marine environment, shipping, construction, technical, contract and consultancy management, ideally including offshore renewable energy.
- Driven to deliver objectives of the projects within time, cost and safety parameters.
- Ability to work collaboratively to the common good with other (project) teams.
- Fluent in English.