Manager Electrical Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Manager Electrical Systems Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Charles Hill|
|Job Published:||December 24, 2016 10:15|
We are looking for a Manager Electrical Systems Engineer to ensure the highest level of environmental health and safety is incorporated in all electrical engineering and design aspects of solar PV projects.
- Establish and maintain the electrical engineering and design criteria to be used on all applicable engineering standards and specifications for solar PV projects.
- Provide all required support to Operations, Development and Construction Project Managers to assure timely and cost effective resolution to electrical engineering issues.
- Responsible for the review, approval and technical oversight of all engineering and design of solar PV sites, including substations, transmission interconnection systems, SCADA, relays system protection and instrumentation controls.
- Select electrical engineering consultants when needed to support projects and manage their activities to ensure consistent criteria, cost effective designs and timely delivery.
- Manage the activities associated with long lead electrical equipment required on solar projects, including preparation of engineering specifications to procure main transformers, solar panels, trackers, rectifiers, distribution voltage cabling, switchgear, SCADA and other substation equipment, as well as technical bid evaluation as needed.
- Support the regulatory and permitting process for solar PV projects, as required, in the area of electrical engineering.
- Provide solar PV electrical engineering support and assistance where requested by other EON Business Units.
- Manage, lead, recruit, train, and motivate the solar PV electrical engineering team in North America.
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an US accredited school and eight (8) years of engineering experience applicable to power plant design, electrical equipment, transmission, distribution, system protection and substations including two (2) years of solar PV.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) registration or registration within one year of employment is required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's