|Job Title:||Metallurgy HOD|
|Contact Name:||Raj Sen Gupta|
|Job Published:||June 08, 2016 11:52|
Permanent position in the Mining (Earth) industry.
Our client’s mine is situated in the Lunda Norte Province of Angola, approximately 1 000 km northeast of Luanda, is recruiting for a HOD Metallurgy.
- Ensure safe operation of the plant and ensure the culture of safe operations is transmitted to all staff within the department.
- Daily reporting of plant performance to the Director of Operations.
- Achieve the agreed production targets and other KPIs.
- Proactively optimise plant operations and company profitability.
- Take the lead in Metallurgical design and plant implementation to achieve production targets as the company expands.
- Coordinate engineering work, both for modifications during commissioning, and routine maintenance. This will include monitoring stocks of spare parts and consumables and taking positive actions when necessary.
- Maintain +90% availability and +90% utilisation of the plants.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reported for on-site and off-site as required.
- Reconcile production performance with other departments.
- Ensure that stocks of chemicals and other materials are ordered timeously to ensure that there is never a shortage on site.
- Control shift rotation, leave periods, of operations staff to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Check and sign timesheets for department.
- Recruit, train and maintain a well-disciplined work force, applying disciplinary action when required.
- Relevant metallurgical qualification.
- Ten years’ relevant experience, preferably in the alluvial diamond mining industry.
- Demonstrate competence and sound metallurgical knowledge and practices for operations of alluvial diamond wash plants, DMS, x-ray recovery technology.
- Experience working a culturally sensitive environmental with a multi-national workforce.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent English and Portuguese verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
The Company offers competitive industry-related remuneration packages.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's