Open-pit Mine Superintendent
|Job Title:||Open-pit Mine Superintendent|
|Contact Name:||Sanjay Ramdhonee|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2016 18:18|
- Ensuring that production plans, schedules and overall KPIs are met within the appropriate quality standards; ensuring that we maintain efficient operations and high productivity standards
- Delivering monthly production, safely and within budgeted targets, including unit costs
- Managing the drill and blast teams
- Managing the operator trainer
- Coordinating and managing expatriate and national supervisors on a day-to-day basis
- Managing performance, behaviour and training and mentoring of Panamanian nationals in order to develop and sustain a high performing team
- Assisting in meeting targets and milestones in pre-strip, then in production to ensure a reliable and continuous supply of ore to the in-pit crushers
- Directing priority for mobile equipment maintenance based on operational demands, and close liaison with mobile equipment staff.
- Liaising closely with the technical, planning, survey and geological teams to ensure that:
- Pit designs are correctly implemented
- Ore dilution is minimised by timely and appropriate ore control methods
- Maintaining compliance with safety and environmental regulations in his/her area, and issues instructions and training to workers to ensure adherence to applicable safety and operational rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a visible presence in the workplace through regular safety interactions with the work teams and regular workplace inspections.
- Providing leave coverage for the Mining Manager
Required Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
- 10 years open pit mining operations experience
- Extensive experience in an open pit metal mining environment, of which a minimum of 5 years should have been in a leadership role.
- A Degree or higher diploma in mining or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Experience with Cat 777s, Cat 740s, Komatsu and Leibherr excavators preferred. Experience with ultra-class trucks and shovels will be a distinct advantage.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English and Spanish (written and verbal). It is possible that a candidate with fluency in one language and at least a basic level in the other language could be acceptable if they were willing to further develop their language skill as a priority.