Principal Structural Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Structural Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Dale Howell|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2016 14:54|
Function as a leadership role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies.
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards. Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in civil / structural engineering.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience of the detailed design of a single discipline for major power plant projects.