|Job Title:||Project Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Amar Pannu|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2016 17:20|
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful Project Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of new product introduction projects from initial concept through to release to production and beyond. This includes interpreting customer requirements, defining specifications and developing robust electro-mechanical design solutions to meet these requirements on time and to budget.
- The production and interpretation of engineering drawings and specifications in accordance with the appropriate national and international standards.
- Project Management - Delivering all aspects of the project to agreed timescales.
- Identification of project risk and implementation of mitigation or contingency activity as appropriate.
- Interfacing with customers, internal and external. As the product expert, you will be expected to provide technical support and guidance where required.
- Demonstrate suitability of proposed design solutions through the use of appropriate engineering tools and practices e.g. Tolerance analysis, stress analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, reliability analysis, design for manufacture etc.
- Define and conduct product testing as appropriate. This will include mechanical (endurance, shock, vibration etc.) and environmental (temperature, humidity, chemical etc.).
- Creation and maintenance of the project design dossier.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
- BEng or BSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years' experience working within an electro-mechanical design environment.
- Candidates with HND or HNC with considerable experience of electro-mechanical design are invited to apply for the position.
- Experience of a 3D modelling software package (parts, assemblies and drawings).
- A demonstrable understanding of engineering materials their properties and selection criteria.
- Full UK driving license.
- Computer literacy with experience in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience of 2D drafting, preferably AutoCAD
- Experience with 3D surface modelling, preferably Pro Engineer or Solid Works.
- Finite Element Analysis - Stress, modal, non-linear and/or magnetics.
- Ability to use Six Sigma development tools and analyse product performance.
- Experienced in the use of zinc die castings and plastic mouldings in product design.
- Design experience of load bearing mechanical mechanisms with a sound understanding of wear and failure mechanisms.
- Familiarity with the requirements of the off-highway vehicle market e.g. PPAP etc.
- Familiarity with the requirements of EN13849-1 PLD Machinery Directive or SIL2.
- A sound understanding of DFM/DFA techniques.
- Experience in the use of root cause analysis tools e.g. 8D.
- Whilst the role is primarily focused on electro-mechanical engineering, some knowledge of electronics or magnetics would be advantageous