|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Dale Howell|
|Job Published:||July 11, 2016 18:35|
- Support the completion of preliminary engineering, detailed specifications and construction and supply contracts.
- Monitor and oversee all civil, structural, mechanical and electrical work on the project to ensure it meets contract obligations; maintain a hands-on approach to training and supporting sub-contractors’ in-field work efforts.
- Contribute to the development of detailed project management and construction plans and schedules, and direct the execution of work in accordance with approved contracts and ensure compliance.
- Maintain strong presence in front of sub-contractor(s), supporting and managing sub-contractors execution of work while maintaining high quality standards.
- Manage project construction activities ensuring Quality, Schedule, Cost, Safety, Environmental and Landowner requirements are met or exceeded.
- Take proactive lead position in learning specific technical details for solar PV project construction details, and develop effective relationships with contractors, suppliers, landowners and the community.
- Review project manpower requirements, to ensure adequate resources are in place for effective and timely execution of projects.
- Minimize potential problems by maintaining current knowledge of overall site project status. Review and be familiar with vendor requirements and assure that equipment is installed in a manner so as not to void warranties.
- Some travels are required based on the needs and locations of projects.
- Minimum education and experience requires an engineering degree and 8+years of technical, engineering and/or construction experience including a minimum of 5 years management of electric utility/cogeneration experience or 5 years of construction experience.
- Minimum 3 years experiences in people management.
- Demonstrated experience with EPC type projects is required. Experience in the engineering and construction of solar projects is a plus.
- Field experience in managing power projects is required.
- Be proficient in short and long range planning techniques.
- Have an electrical background
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate, and analyze situations.
- Thorough understanding of construction contracts and associated paperwork requirements.
- Demonstrated efficiency in managing multi-disciplinary tasks.