Project Manager - Offshore Wind
|Job Title:||Project Manager - Offshore Wind|
|Contact Name:||Omar Sheikh|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2016 11:50|
Our client is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity.
- Operational management of large diverse project teams made up, for example, of Engineers, commercial managers, communications specialists, procurement specialists lawyers & planners
- Reporting to, and preparing information for, the Head of Development in a specific country or the Director of Offshore Development on project progress, budget management, project timelines, resources etc.
- Successfully managing projects through the internal approval processes
- Assist in the continuous improvement of project management, lowering levelised energy costs and other commercial and development processes to help ensure the organisation and projects continue to reflect and keep pace with changes in the marketplace and maintain a competitive edge
- Establish and manage internal and external project teams and individual criteria/objectives to measure results against agreed performance standards
- Negotiate effectively with business partners, consultees, contractors and Government officials in order to achieve project milestones consistent with defined timetables and strict financial objectives
- Help promote a safety conscious, high energy, motivated organisation and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional team development
- Responsible for the production of relevant project reports and information to enable the Project Sponsor and/or Development Director to disseminate project information to company management and the Executive Board of Directors.
- You have a had a number of years of experience and a proven track record in successful project management.
- A full appreciation of the primary inputs which drive the financial and commercial viability of offshore wind projects.
- Strong working knowledge of the project development process and Health and Safety culture and regulations.
- Working knowledge of procurement and contracting, legal documentation engineering packages, grid integration, marine logistics and relevant environmental and regulatory matters.
- An appreciation of what drives the requirements for project execution and operation.
- Multi-skilled self-starter, with high levels of energy & commitment to deliver
- Proven awareness of renewable energy policy and the complexities of developing sites for wind energy
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in a team environment and be able to build and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups
- The ability to engage with, empathize with, educate and co-ordinate communities/stakeholders involved or affected by development activities
- An aptitude for problem solving and experience of driving complex projects forward to achieve set objectives
- Well-developed communication skills, especially report writing and the analysis and presentation of complex technical issues in a clear, concise format
- Good understanding health and safety regulations requirements and developing culture.