Senior Engineering Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Engineering Manager|
|Contact Name:||Omar Sheikh|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2017 18:30|
This role is to ensure delivery of technical due diligences processes, coordinate internal technical review processes, support and work with the general business development activities of projects at various stages of their lifecycle.
- Act as the first point of contact for technical issues and requirements in the area of responsibility.
- Act as the primary contact for Technical Engineering to ensure preparation and clarity of regional requirements and resource planning through coordination of the input of specialized skills, supported either from internal or external technical experts or by developing local partnerships for detailed engineering support.
- Ensure that the technical due diligence of acquisition opportunities are undertaken in line with the Company requirements in a timely manner in strong co-operation with the internal Technical Engineering department.
- Planning and coordinating of internal and external resources for technical due diligence of wind energy projects
- Support the project development of wind farms during the technical/commercial optimization phase.
- Identify value adding and profitability influencers through technical analysis and preparation of proposals for improved planning and technical requirements.
- Identify the technical risks of wind projects that affect profitability together with developing mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for the allocation of all project related costs incurred by the provision of the technical support to the region.
- Develop and implement an efficient reporting strategy to include, but not limited to, cost control of engineering requirements, tracking resources including recording of hours and tracking of any contractual requirements.
- Responsible for technical analyses resulting from project management inquiries. Support will also be provided for future construction and operational projects.
- Provide support and integration of company systems and governance requirements into the technical decision and management process, working within all appropriate international standards.
- Responsible for the quality of the technical concept of wind and solar power projects in accordance with the Company strategy.
- Provide preliminary review of the corresponding assumptions for the business cases in line with the senior management approval processes.
- Ensure HSE compliance for all aspects of the engineering phase of the projects.
- University degree (Bachelors or Masters) in relevant disciplines (i.e. electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering) or equivalent
- Broad professional engineering and operational experience gained over a minimum of 5 years in aspects of wind and solar farm technology in the US
- Experience in project management and broad engineering skills in all relevant technology areas
- Solid knowledge in relevant areas of expertise and the respective value drivers
- Strong experience in coordinating and working with external and internal technical advisors
- Solid experience with the use of office software tools (i.e. MS Office with a focus on MS Excel and MS Project)
- Strong communication skills in English Strong negotiation skills in an international and complex environment with internal and external stakeholders