Senior Gas Trader
|Job Title:||Senior Gas Trader|
|Location:||Las Vegas, Nevada Area|
|Contact Name:||Neil Jethwa|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2016 11:11|
Our client is looking for a Senior Gas Trader to work with one of Americas leading independent Power companies.
The Senior Trader will be responsible for purchasing, nominating, and scheduling of natural gas to reliably serve the company’s generation fleet and Local Distribution Company at minimal costs to customers.
- Ensures that the company’s gas purchasing and transportation utilization meets customers’ requirements for reliability while minimizing cost.
- Negotiates the best price in the short-term markets
- Monitors competitive conditions and variables that influence pricing, availability and reliability of gas supplies.
- Responsible for daily nomination and confirmation of gas supplies, transportation and storage injection/withdrawal volumes with the pipelines utilized by the company
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of specialty and 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience in trading, the natural gas commodity markets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the utility industry, economics, statistics, utility finance, natural gas futures trading, hedging, utility contract principles, negotiation techniques, and the use of personal computers for detailed modelling, analysis and data retention.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced short-decision time frame environment with the ability to concentrate while in the midst of distractions.