Senior Optimisation and Trading Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Optimisation and Trading Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Aamir Kapasi|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2016 11:49|
Our client is looking for an Portfolio Analyst for their Paris office.
They manage a portfolio of assets which give it the ability to source, supply, transport, store, blend and convert physical commodities around the world.
- Design, develop and support core short-term optimisation & trading algorithms and operational tools.
- Provide analytical support and expertise on optimisation projects undertaken by the company’s Commercial and Group Synergies teams
- Analyse and define performance indicators for short-term optimisation and trading
- Leverage the company’s Paris’ short-term optimisation expertise to support their global business.
- The analyst will use his/her expertise to support all the various internal customers while at the same time ensuring an effective cross organisation communication, coordination and transparency.
- Significant experience in optimisation and trading activities in an energy trading environment (trading, asset optimisation, risk management or portfolio analysis).
- Significant experience in optimisation algorithms and tools development in the energy sector.
- Fluent in French & English
- Educated to degree level, preferably with a high mathematics and computer science component
- Experience of developing forecasting and optimisation models (stochastic or deterministic). Experience with commercial solvers (like IBM-Cplex) is beneficial.
- Excellent programming skills in object oriented language. Experience in developing web services
- Knowledge in Machine Learning