Senior Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Dale Howell|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2016 17:04|
- Plan, staff, and supervise all assigned work activities through site Construction Managers and subcontractors to insure a cohesive operational unit.
- Strong work ethic; e.g. roll-up your sleeves leader that requires minimal supervision
- Highly focused, organized, analytical thinker who is used to substantial autonomy while ensuring that the customer’s needs a met.
- Flexible to new ideas and new directions and can work in a dynamically changing work environment.
- Highly motivated to develop and implement cost reduction initiatives to meet the changing industry requirements.
- Pre-Construction: Coordinate with the engineering team to plan the design and installation of the product and related items and review the contract documents to ensure compliance with all required provisions.
- Works with Contracts Manager to resolve contract issues and maintain contract compliance for both owner-facing and subcontractor-facing agreements
- Arranges directly or through subcontractors for the necessary site logistic in terms of site offices,connectivity, utilities connections, etc.
- Work closely with Construction Manager for oversight of contractors and trades
- Issues project progress reports and communicates proactively with VP of Operations and other team members.
- Checks the subcontractors progress reports and validate their associated payment requests
- Manages OSHA records and ensures completion of project safety records
- Enforce quality control programs
- Manage customer audits and inspections
- Provides main day-to-day customer interface and point of contact
- Develop Project schedules for execution of the work within the project milestones
- Schedules the delivery of the products; schedules and coordinates the installation of the products with the customer, subcontractors and inspectors
- Ensures that all ongoing project records and logs are up to date and closed at the end of the project.
- Provides feedback to project development and the Operations Team
- Closes out the project and turns it over to O&M group
- May oversee less experienced project managers on a per project basis
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Project Management Training, PMP Certified
- Contractors License or ability to become licensed preferred
- 10+ years of commercial/Utility construction experience
- Solar PV experience on commercial or utility scale projects
- Knowledge of construction and electrical codes require
- Prior project management experience on large scale projects
- Experience with electrical systems and wiring is desired
- EPC, PPA, Interconnection and site lease contract experience is a plus
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or P6 Primavera strongly preferred