Senior Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Dale Howell|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2016 09:23|
As an integral part of the Company’s Construction team, the Senior Project Manager has responsibility for overall turnkey management of specified commercial construction project(s). S/he may oversee multiple construction projects simultaneously, each at varying stages.
- Assist and support Business Development Department with the following:
- Perform site visit and constructability approach.
- Develop project budget and estimates.
- Develop proposal scope of work, milestone schedule, and overall project approach.
- Assist and support Business Development team with proposal and presentation preparations.
- Attend interviews as required to close new business.
- Manage preconstruction and design development phase including the following:
- Provide constructability reviews of all plans and specification to achieve the most cost-effective project(s).
- In coordination with the project team, develop project sequencing, logistics, and mobilization plan.
- Assist Engineering Department with interconnection paperwork.
- Manage and obtain all required permits for construction.
- Manage and prepare project bill of materials and ensure timely ordering of all major materials.
- Manage and run all pre-construction meetings for both internal and external clients.
- Using the Critical Path Method, develop and manage project schedule from start milestone to finish milestone to ensure timely completion of all projects. This includes at least the following tasks:
- Prepare Weekly all schedule updates and two week look ahead schedules
- Properly plan, schedule, and monitor all material deliveries to avoid project delays.
- Ability to properly plan and mitigate risk.
- Manage all project financials including the following:
- Successfully complete projects to maximize profit by identifying creative ways to deliver additional profit if possible.
- Minimize profit fade.
- Manage internal and external change order process and negotiate changes to the subcontract and vendors with approval from higher authority.
- Manage project billing cycle to ensure timely submission and payment of all invoices.
- Ensure that the project maintains positive cash flow by developing and manage project revenues and forecast.
- Review and approve in a timely manner all capital expenditures for suppliers, subcontractors, and project staffing.
- Ensure overall accuracy in the project budget and costs.
- Manage and develop overall project safety and crisis management planning, and monitor, implement, and evaluate all on site project safety with subcontractors.
- Manage Subcontractors and Vendors relationships, including:
- Developing Subcontractor and Supplier Network and outreach program.
- Pre-qualifies subcontractors and vendors, including but not limited to, checking references and work experience.
- Develop bid packages for subcontractors and vendors.
- Analyses of bids to ensure complete and accurate quotes for scopes of work.
- Prepare and negotiate all subcontracts.
- Ability to resolve conflicts with subcontractors and vendors.
- Review and process all subcontractor submittals.
- Perform project coordination and ensure overall compliance with project documents.
- Manage overall client relationship, including:
- Provide overall coordination with customers.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction and expectations are achieved.
- Proactively communicate with the clients at all times.
- An excellent communicator able interface regularly with Customer and other key team members on contractual, financial, cost accounting, scheduling, technical, and other areas related to the projects under his or her responsibility.
- Provides and manage overall project document controls, including:
- Develop and maintain all logs for drawings, submittals, RFI’s, CO’s, PCO’s, and deficiencies.
- Prepare and manage all meeting minutes.
- Develop and manage overall project quality control program.
- Responsible for the development of detailed status reports.
- Organizes and maintains all commercial project folders.
- Manage and complete all post construction requirements, including the following:
- Manage project commissioning process.
- In conjunction with others, develop and manage project punch-list and closeout.
- Develop and manage project close-out documents including O&M Manuals, Owner training, and close out all permits.
- Manage all warranty claims and follow-ups.
- Perform both internal and external close-out meetings.
- Manage project hand off meetings between Customers and Assist Management Department.
- Meets and/or exceeds established performance objectives as defined and communicated by management.
- Periodic travel to potential project sites.
- Exhibits a superior ability to work independently and to manage other project managers.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the status of each project under his/her supervision.
- Initiates suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
- Initiates and develops programs to build professional and managerial skills for other staff members.
- May supervise lower level staff.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction practices and skills, with experience in solar or other renewable technologies preferred.
- Must demonstrate a history of managing large complex projects with values from $10 million to $40 million.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of experience in construction management and/or electrical installation.
- Strong background in electrical preferred but not required.
- PMP and or NABCEP candidates preferred but not required. Certifications must be obtained within two (2) years of employment.
- First aid and OHSA 30 preferred but not required. Certifications must be obtained within two (2) years of employment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and punctual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow-up skills with both internal and external customers.
- Able to communicate in a professional and concise manner.
- Strong working knowledge of Timberline Accounting and Project Management program, US Means Estimating, MS programs including strong excel back ground, and Primavera P6 scheduling.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and related applications.